Tuesday, November 10, 2015

'Somehow, I was an answer to their prayers' - woman meets child she sponsors

A WOMAN has described the “humbling” moment she flew to Ethiopia to meet the child she sponsors.
Shade Olutobe, who lives in Southgate, donates £25 a month to help little Misgana, who is living in poverty, have a better life.
The 48-year-old began sponsoring Misgana, six, through charity Compassion more than three years and has never looked back.
She said: “I was apprehensive at first because she’s young and has never seen me, but when I saw her I knew there was nothing to be afraid of because she is just a lovely little girl.
“She gave me a hug and I picked her up and hugged her back. It was a lovely meeting. Her mum came too and told me I had done everything they had asked without knowing what they needed.
“I was so humbled that somehow, I was an answer to their prayers.”
Misgana lives with her mother, a trader, her father, a labourer, and her 12-year-old sister but the family can struggle to find work and live in poverty.
The £25 a month allows Misgana to be part of her local Compassion project, where she receives healthy meals, emotional support, medical attention and the chance to go to school.
Human resources manager Ms Olutobe became involved in Compassion when a representative visited her church, Jesus House, in Brent Cross.
During her trip, she visited projects around Addis Ababa and saw first-hand how various projects were changing the lives of children, their families and the communities.
She also met graduates from the child sponsorship programme.
She added: “It’s a wonderful way to help someone, you don’t pay so much and the money goes so far.
“I took many photos of the trip to capture the various places we visited and the people we met.
“I felt I would be able use these to highlight the work Compassion does and use these to inspire people to consider child sponsorship.”
Source: times-series.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Articles

Recent Video Uploads

Subscribe Ethiopia Today Videos and Watch on You Tube

Ethiopia Today

  • Active a minute ago with many
  •  
  •  videos
Ethiopia Today bringing you recent information about Ethiopia. It bring you, news, Amharic movies,  Musics and many clips. subscribe and get many Videos on time