Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Barreto confirms Ethiopia exit

Mariano Barreto @ Getty Ima


Ethiopia coach Mariano Barreto has acknowledged the termination of his contract saying it was for the good of both parties.
Speaking exclusively to supersport.com Mariano alluded to the fact that he gave his best and the fact that his family was far away it was hard for him to continue with his tenure.
"I can confirm to you that my contract was terminated on mutual consent with the federation. I Think that this the best for both parties because I was alone in Ethiopia and missed my family a lot."
"It has not been an easy ride at the helm of Walia because at one point when I was appointed I almost thought of quitting since not everybody at EFF gave me the support needed.
“I am however happy that I introduced young players to the team something that was never done and it will be nice seeing them grow and be consistent in the national team. I have not regrets and only wish the team all success in the upcoming Afcon qualifiers."
Ethiopia Football Federation President Junedin Basha intimated that both parties had agreed to terminate the contract after discussion as they wished the coach success in his other endeavours.
“Coach Mariano Barreto’s contract is only valid until 30th April as it was terminated on mutual consent from both parties after intensive discussions on the issue. I would not like to dwell on a lot of things but to only wish the coach success in his future and thank him for his time with Walia Ibex.”
Basha however was non committal on his replacement.
“I will only be able to inform you at the end of the week since the executive council will have to meet and make a decision but the point is that I think we will settle for a local coach who will be incharge of the team ahead of the Afcon preparations however as I said again that must be decided by the entire executive committee,” Junedin Basha told supersport.com.
Barreto was appointed as head coach in 2014 after the dismissal of coach Sewnet Bishaw but only managed to get a win against Mali away in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Source: supersport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Articles

Recent Video Uploads

Subscribe Ethiopia Today Videos and Watch on You Tube

Ethiopia Today

  • Active a minute ago with many
  •  
  •  videos
Ethiopia Today bringing you recent information about Ethiopia. It bring you, news, Amharic movies,  Musics and many clips. subscribe and get many Videos on time